Sunday, February 9, 2014

Blog Challenge Post #7: Moment Most Satisfied with Life

I had something in mind a few days ago for this post, but that completely changed after yesterday. 

Yesterday, February 8, 2014, is the day that includes the moment that I was most satisfied with life. The day marked my "big chop." I have been thinking about transitioning to natural for months and even set a goal of big chopping in June. Well, again patience is not my virtue and dealing with two hair textures was NO FUN! So, when I took my Senegalese Twists out- I knew it was time, I had a good amount of hair growth from having the twists so why not just go for it. If you're going to do something you might as well go all in!

I finally came to realize what my natural hair looks like and fell in love with it! I had a fear of what was underneath all the perms I've been getting. I was fearful of how I would look "bald headed." I have had at least shoulder length hair since 2002...what in the world was I thinking? I wasn't fully certain that I would go through with the decision, but I am so grateful that I did. 








The top left corner is a picture of me the night before I had my Senegalese Twists put in my hair. All of that hair is in a dumpster somewhere now. :-) The other pictures are just after the BC.




 This is some thick stuff...I've always known I had a lot of hair, but I had no idea!





As of yesterday, I have embraced the hair that God blessed me with. No more concerns of what everyone else thinks. God makes no mistakes! I should have done this years ago!



1 comment: