Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Pinterest Board Threw Up at Our Party!

Because of the destination wedding we planned parties for those that could not attend in Texas and in Ohio. The Ohio party is this weekend so I will post about it at a later date. We held the Texas party on July 12th and it was a great time!

With wedding and party planning  I was all about Pinterest! We chose a rustic location for the celebration and wanted something more laid back, we were not having three wedding receptions! Below are some images of our set up for the event and some commentary about the vendors. I can tell you I highly recommend them all!

The party was held at Town Hall Texas. We couldn't have asked for a better venue or owners to work with. Anything we needed they took care of and then some. This place has endless possibilities for any event!
 Our linens were provided by Monrreal and Co.. I won a discount on the linens at the Southwest Bridal Show in Humble. They didn't have burlap prior to our event and made a special order of it just to meet our needs. We couldn't be happier with their prompt service and excellent customer service. 

For decor we used mason jars wrapped in burlap with hydrangeas. They turned out perfectly and some of the hydrangeas are still alive at my moms house :-) The flowers were ordered from Rainforest Flowers. These ladies were amazing, and I told Josh if he ever has flowers delivered to me he should use them. 

I also had some jars with floating candles in them that were placed on wooden pedestals that were purchased on ebay. In fact, quite a lot of the items for the event were ebay finds- including my dress!
 We had a dessert bar with items from Pie Town. It was delicious! We had apple pie, pecan pie, apple crumb pie, a fruit platter and some creme pie samplers. I purchased a catering deal from groupon for this and couldn't have been more pleased. 

For additional decor we used several burlap signs that I purchased from ebay, we had signs for dessert, drinks, cards, food, etc. They fit perfectly with the rustic theme. Another thing that was perfect for the theme was the food. We had a BBQ dinner from Rudy's, green beans provided by my mom and rolls from Texas Roadhouse (thanks to mom for the rolls too).
 Lighting and music was provided by Space City Djs. Another great vendor with great customer service! I bought a deal from I Do Daily Deal for their services. 
 My grandmother made a wedding cake for us and we used state shaped cake toppers I bought from Etsy. I absolutely loved them and they fit perfectly with the rustic theme. You can find this item at http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrinceWhitaker.
 Margarita machines were the perfect fit for this celebration and they were provided by Frozen Ice We had virgin strawberry daiquiri (which everyone loved), peach bellini, pomegranate margarita and margarita gold. Our bar tender made a nice little rainbow mixture of the drinks that everyone enjoyed. 
 Here is a table full of pins! For the guestbook we used a photo-book with our engagement pictures, we had a rustic box for cards and used a vintage suitcase for advice cards. The photo-book was free from shutterfly, the card box and the suitcase were from ebay.
 Another pinterest project were the chalkboard painted picture frames. Chalkboard paint is the one of the best ideas ever! I can't wait to find another project for the can of paint I have.

 I absolutely loved the comments on the advice cards- some things contradict each other so I guess Josh and I will have to figure some things out on our own, :-) 
This was the setup for the photo booth. Again Space City Djs did an excellent job. The photo book we received at the end of the night was priceless!



No comments:

Post a Comment