Monday, July 22, 2013

The Wedding Day!

I can't believe that it has been exactly one month since our wedding. Time is flying by so incredibly fast!

The day started out with a few bumps, but what wedding day doesn't? My main concern the entire time with planning was with the weather. Our coordinator called a few hours before with a weather update and explained that there was potential for rain and wanted to know if I would like to move all the festivities indoors! I was at a lost for words. I was devastated at the possibility that we had gone all the way to Punta Cana to have a beach wedding and she was asking if I wanted an indoor wedding? Seriously, if we wanted an indoor wedding we would have had the wedding in the U.S.! With some calming words from my mother and a few prayers we stuck to our guns and decided to keep everything outside, In the end I am so happy that we did, it all came out beautifully!

The ceremony was held on Isla beach at 3pm and we were lucky that it was cooler and had a bit more cloud cover than it did on Friday for the rehersal. We did pictures on the beach, had our cocktail party at the Isla Gazebo at 5pm and the reception at Sax Pool at 6pm. The day was perfect and we had the most amazing group of people there to share it all with us. 







































To view more pictures go to our facebook wedding page.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. We really enjoyed it. I'm a firm believer in destination weddings now!

      Delete